Wait! If you haven’t already taken the Forgiveness Quiz click on the link . . .
Here are the answers to the Forgiveness Quiz. You may not agree with all my answers. That is okay! General Patton said, “If everybody is thinking alike, somebody isn’t thinking.” Let this quiz start some “thinking.”
The True/False Answers are hyperlinks. If you click on any of them, you will link to a short explanation on that particular point along with the chance to comment.
ANSWERS TO THE FORGIVENESS QUIZ
Click on any of the answers to read an explanation.
1. FALSE – Where deep wounds are concerned, forgiveness can be unpacked in a moment.
2. TRUE – Personal happiness and joy can legitimately motivate people to live out what the Bible teaches about forgiveness.
3. FALSE – Most Christian pastors and counselors agree about what forgiveness is and how it should take place.
4. TRUE – Forgiveness occurs properly only when certain conditions are met.
5. FALSE – Jesus said little about how people should resolve interpersonal conflict.
6. TRUE – A willingness to forgive is a “test” of whether or not a person will go to heaven when he or she dies.
7. FALSE – Good people get to the bottom of all their disagreements.
8. TRUE – There are times when it is wrong to forgive.
If you posted a perfect score, don’t celebrate just yet. Be humble. It was True / False after all. You may have just guessed. For those who wish to debate, don’t forget. You can link to a short explanation by clicking on any of the above answers.
Of course, there is much more detail in Unpacking Forgiveness.