I need the help of our church children in drawing pictures for our series on the End Times and the return of King Jesus. Draw pictures of one or more of the below Bible passages. We will find a way to share them with our church family.
Our church is doing a series on eschatology or the “end times.” Pastors sometimes avoid preaching about this important subject because it is controversial. But the Bible has many, many pages about what it will be like when Jesus returns. This is the Word of God that feeds our souls. We dare not avoid it because someone might disagree with us.
The best way to study the return of Jesus is to meditate on key Bible passages. I am asking our church children to help me do this between now and Easter. Draw a picture of one or more of the following scenes. We will then share with our church family. Be sure and read what the Bible says about each scene – – and then label your picture.
- 5th Tree, Right Side of the River Facing the Throne of Jesus – Revelation 22:1-5 promises God’s people that we will all be together before the throne of Jesus. Our church family is planning to meet at the 5th tree back from the throne, on the right side (see here). Some of our folks don’t follow directions well. A picture will help everyone be in the right spot.
- The Rapture of 1 Thess 4:16-18 – In 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Paul encouraged the early church that we do not grieve without hope when we lose a loved one. Jesus is coming back and those who died in Jesus will be resurrected. Those who are alive will be “caught up” or raptured to meet Jesus in the clouds. We need a picture!
- The Olivet Discourse of Matthew 24 – Some of the most important teaching about the end times comes from the Olivet Discourse – – a sermon Jesus gave on the Mt. of Olives on Tuesday of Holy Week. Draw a picture of our Lord teaching his disciples about when he will come back.
- Meeting Friends in Heaven that Were Reached Through Missions (Luke 16:8-9) – In the parable of the dishonest manager, Luke 16:1-13, Jesus told us that we can use our worldly treasure – – which will not last – – to make friends and be welcomed into heaven. Our church gives money to missions. We are praying we will meet many people in heaven who were helped by our investment. What will our meeting with people from around the world look like?
- Jesus is preparing a house with many rooms (John 14:1-6) – Jesus promised that he was going away to prepare a place for us. And the author of Hebrews tells us that Abraham was looking forward to a city with foundations whose architect and builder is God (Hebrews 11:8-10). Draw a picture of the heavenly city Jesus is preparing.