I previously posted that children are easily the most beautiful site in the world. Still, I was struck anew this year during Vacation Bible School of how thankful I am for the children of our church. This year, as I took pictures, I was careful to pray for them very intentionally.
I pray that our children would:
- Follow Christ and be clear about the Good News of how they can truly know Him (see this post).
- Know that the Lord Jesus Christ is our King (Acts 4:12).
- Understand and believe that we meet Jesus and centrally see His wonder and beauty in God’s Word (Psalm 19:7-11).
- Believe that God spoke all things into existence by His powerful Word. (Genesis 1, Psalm 8:1-9).
- Know and feel that their church family loves them (Acts 2:42).
- Experience our church as a place of joy and laughter and be filled to the measure of all the fullness of the love of Christ (Phil 4:4, Eph 3:14-21).
- Sense and know that our church is a place of solemn reverence (Colossians 1:15-20).
- Hear the call that Christians are to go into all the world and make disciples (Matthew 28:18-20).